We know this isn’t how you imagined your year going — we didn’t, either! But despite the uncertainty of the world right now, we know we will get through this because we are in it together!
Just because we are physically distancing doesn’t mean you can’t make a difference.
Virtually Goin’ Bald for Bucks is a fun, easy and interactive way to make a difference, all while being safe. By hosting your own virtual event, you can still raise critical funds for cancer research and patient-care programs at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center and rally together your family and friends during this tough time.
How to Virtually Go Bald for Bucks
- Pick someone from your household to shave your head. You’ll have to have your own clippers!
- Select a day and time, and pick where you’re going to stream (Facebook Live, Instagram Live, YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, Zoom).
- Now that your details are figured out, register your virtual event. Once you’re registered, check out our online fundraising toolkit.
- Take your “Before” picture! Make sure to save this photo so you can compare it to your “After” picture.
- Today’s the day! It’s time to go live and get ready to shave your head. Don’t forget to make your event public so everyone can tune in to cheer you on!
- Not sure where to start when shaving your head? Check out this video for step-by-step instructions, courtesy of our friend Dawn at Salon 14120!
- If you have a ponytail to donate before shaving your head, make sure to identify the wig-making organization that you plan to donate to, and closely follow their donation instructions.
- Email the Bald for Bucks team at email@example.com if you need help with this process.
- Now that you’re newly Bald, take an “After” picture to share on social media with your donors! The Bald for Bucks team will be in touch shortly after your event to send you your fundraising rewards!